Monday, August 17, 2009

Opting for terracotta pots

Terracotta pots on the balcony, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

Over the past week, I have been busy shopping at Bunnings (a large hardware and garden centre in Australia) for pots and plants for my balcony garden. I decided to go with rectangular terracotta pots, and lining them up along the wall. There are 2 sizes and I am alternating between the larger and the smaller ones.

I am choosing terracotta because:

  • I think their natural look is a safe bet, and would go well with most plants,
  • We have bought a few pieces of wooden outdoor furniture and terracotta would look great with them, and
  • We have a rather laid-back lifestyle, and love the simplicity of things in general.

I already own some round pots (terracotta and glazed pots). I will include these on the balcony, but in a separate arrangement from the rectangular pots. Hopefully they will be complementary, and will add to make an interesting overall arrangement.

As you can see, there is a lot of planting to do. But not today… unfortunately. I have attempted twice, and was nearly blown over by the strong wind.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails