Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Now, the plants have homes but there’s still a lot to do

Terracotta pots on the balcony, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

Before…

This photo was taken after my shopping trip, but the wind was too strong to work on the balcony that day.

Succulents in terracotta pots on the balcony, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

After…

It’s finally done (for now at least) – I’ve planted all the plants! Phew, being a beginner, it is hard work – lugging the bags of soil and organising where the place the little beauties, constantly sweeping up the soil that had fallen onto the floor. I have great admiration for  those of you with immaculate gardens.

The balcony looks a lot better with the plants in their pots. But there is still a lot to do, and lots more plants to buy to add to the collection!

Succulents in round pots on the balcony, © Evelyn Howard, 2009 Succulents in round pots on the balcony, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

I had some old round pots, which I’m reusing. Some of the plants are new, and some are old which requires some TLC to bring them back to good health (hopefully).

I have been reading a lot in order to learn. I’ve added 2 links on the right under “Interesting Read” today – a good place for me to keep track of great articles. Hopefully you will find them interesting too!

2 comments:

Urban Green said...

Oh my God!! I really wish I could borrow some from your collection...Gorgeous!!!

Matt and Bobbie said...

Neat! I love your containers and the way you set this whole thing up. So simple and beautiful! Lovely!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails