Friday, March 19, 2010

5 things about me… (plus succulent photos)

OK, so you are thinking why I’d think anyone would be interested to know about me… this post is responding to being tagged by fellow blogger, Deepa of Deepaz World of Artz. I am answering only 5 of 40 questions (sorry Deepa, I am taking the easy way out!).

Hopefully, this won’t send you to sleep. Here goes…

1. What are your current obsessions?

Succulent topiary © Evelyn Howard 2010Succulents! At the moment, I am thinking about gardening vertically.

My last effort was the topiary in a basket on the left (more on this in another post…). I am thinking of making 2 more.

I have been reading about yoga recently. I am not obsessed with it, but with a better understanding on yoga, I am enjoying the practise better. I attend group sessions a few times a week, and have a private lesson at home with a teacher every week.

2. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

An apartment in New York City, with a balcony overlooking Central Park, please! 

When I visited NYC 9 years ago, I stayed with with my friend, Monique. Her home was a few blocks away from the Empire State Building. I enjoyed being in the heart of the city very much. My stay was just over a week. I would love to be in NYC for a while, to get to know the place and the people (but not as a tourist).

3. What is your dream job?

I have always wanted to be in the arts. It took me a long time to get here (this is a 2nd career), and I love my current job as a graphic designer.

4. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?

How about this meal which I put together the last time we had friends over… I made marinated chicken and lamb tandoori style, cooked on the barbeque stove. The meat were served with cardamom and saffron rice. On the side, I had sliced cucumber dressed with tzatziki (Lebanese cucumber dip). My friend brought Perry (pear cider) and that complemented the meal very well. It was summer and we had the perfect dinner party on my   balcony.

Figure drawing on succulent © Evelyn Howard 2010

5. When was the last time you did something nice?

I went to a figure drawing session this morning. Here’s my final piece superimposed on a photo of succulents (above).

As you can see, I have included a couple of succulent photos, so hopefully you are still awake :). Have a nice weekend.

5 comments:

Noelle Johnson said...

I would love to attempt vertical gardening. I love your first attempt. You must be a fantastic cook - your meal sounds delicious :^)

Melanie J Watts said...

Oh Evelyn it is always nice to know a little more about the people whose blogs I read. You drawing is wonderful. You are very talented.

Deepa Gopal said...

Heyyy Evelyn

Thats so sweet of you... 5 out of 40 is just great! I attempted all 40 so that I don't displease my Blogger friend who tagged me:))
But I am too pleased with this 5!

I am happy to know 'more' about you... Vertical garden, I saw here first and I am truly impressed. And you meal seriously is sumptuous and tempting...YUMMY!

Your dream and mine matches...'hi five' for that!

Ne'er got bored or slept reading it,OK. Infact, it was interesting:)))

SandyCarlson said...

That was a very interesting read. Your drawing is amazing. God bless.

Iro said...

Great blog! I love your succulent pictures!


p.s. Tzatziki is greek! hehe..

Related Posts with Thumbnails