Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Succulent bloom

Hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy Cactus Monday.

I am wondering if I should have titled this post “Monday Mystery”.

Succulent bloom © Evelyn Howard 2010

I have to use a photo from my archive for this post. These were photographed on my balcony but  I cannot remember what they were…

Succulent bloom © Evelyn Howard 2010

Since I don't remember seeing them recently and I have just looked, I am wondering what happened to them… Probably died when I wasn’t looking - gulp!   Bad gardener! It looks like a sedum but I am not sure…

Anyway, Happy Cactus Monday and Happy New Year.

Visit Teri’s Painted Daisies for Cactus Monday links and a cute cactus braving the cold.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

That is really pretty, were the blooms solid white when they opened? Maybe they'll come back, my 'Brilliant' sedum does that...dies, scares me and then voila...comes back in the spring!

Julie said...

This is not anything that I can find in my Succulent I.D. book!!! Kinda puts me in mind of a crassula, but I don't see any with leaves this thin. It is a good mystery...but a beautiful one!
Happy Cactus Monday!!!

Unknown said...

@ Mandy... not sure! I hope it surprises me!

@Julie: Thanks for checking.

Rohrerbot said...

Hmmm.....looks interesting and when the flower blooms, it will be quite beautiful. It might be a sedum. I have something similiar in our garden here....do take pics when the flowers open up.:)

Sueli Dobón said...

Happy new year and best wishes, health, peace and love! Strong hug, Sueli

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I'm thinking that it is a type of crassula also. When it blooms the stalks elongates and gets flowers like this sometime. Like to see a pic of it as it normally grows without flowers. It is very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails