Monday, October 4, 2010

Colours

Happy Cactus Monday.

I am noticing some lovely colours on my succulent leaves recently.

Jade Plant © Evelyn Howard 2010

I have never seen the leaves of my Jade Plant turn yellow and red before. I could never get excited about Jade Plants before, but now I am liking it a little more.

Jade Plant © Evelyn Howard 2010

Lovely red around this leaf

Jade Plant © Evelyn Howard 2010

And more…

Sedeveria © Evelyn Howard 2010 

Sedeveria Pats Pink will turn more pinkish when I take it outside the house….

Kalanchoe © Evelyn Howard 2010

Kalanchoe Flapjack in green and red

Can anyone id this?

Succulent flower © Evelyn Howard 2010

A friend gave me this succulent a while ago, and I have no idea what it is. It started flowering recently. The flowers are quite sweet.

Succulent © Evelyn Howard 2010

Here is a photo of the leaves… The plant is small (about 6 inches tall) and when the branches grow long, they fall over the side of the pot.

Is anyone able to id this succulent (See update below)? Would appreciate your response. Thanks.

Update: Thanks to Marianne, I am quite sure the above succulent is Kalanchoe Uniflora. I am really excited, having seen some amazing photos on the web. This plant has a prostate habit, thus is suitable for hanging baskets. It flowers in winter (which is right – it was winter in Australia a few weeks ago), and needs to be cut back in Spring. Fantastic to have flowers to brighten up winter.

cactus_sjimmie

Hope you have a nice week.

Thanks Teri for hosting Cactus Monday.

Do check out Teri’s Painted Daisies for more Cactus Monday links.

9 comments:

marianne said...

The plant looks like a kalanchoe I had once There are Kalanchoes with bell shaped flowers......

http://www.google.nl/images?q=Pearl+Bell+Kalanchoes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=nl&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=909

copy and paste in your brower, maybe you will find yours...

HCM!

Unknown said...

@ Marianne: Thanks - I think it is Kalanchoe Uniflora!

Teri said...

Oh those colors are beautiful. My jade tree has never done this either. Those buds look amazing. Maybe next week we will see the blooms.

❤HCM❤

Cherry said...

they are so beautiful to look at! your photos never fail to brighten my day. :)

rainfield61 said...

The more you look at them, the more you will discover their beauties.

Lynn Cohen said...

Right, my Jade plant is bright green. I will watch to see if it turns color. Wonder if that is simply the one you have or has anything to do with feeding, water, light, etc. Beautiful. Thanks for coming to my blog to visit!!!

Julie said...

It is light that brings out the red for sure! Hey, I had never heard of K. Uniflora! How cool is this. I love how it hangs! It is really sweet with these attributes! Sorry so late with my comment, but have been chasing grandkids every day around here...LOL :)

Joanne Olivieri said...

That red coloring gives it that extra umph! What beautiful shots and although I do not know the name of that bud it is beautiful.

Noelle Johnson said...

Hi Evelyn,

I do love the rosy colors of succulents too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails