Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Red succulents

Happy Cactus Monday.

We were in Hobart, Tasmania a few weeks ago and I spotted these outside the hotel. I love their gorgeous colours.

Red succulents © Evelyn Howard 2010

Red succulents © Evelyn Howard 2010

Red succulents © Evelyn Howard 2010

Our hotel was near Salamanca place. The street turns into a farmers/craft market every Saturday. Below is a view of the stalls and in the background, the top of Mount Wellington is seen covered with snow.

Salamance Market © Evelyn Howard 2010

Have a nice week.

Go to Teri’s Painted Daisies for more Cactus Monday links.

11 comments:

Megan said...

Those are gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

Great colouration!

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Wow those colors are amazing! Happy Cactus Monday to you on Wednesday! LOL

SandyCarlson said...

What a gorgeous place! Gorgeous photos.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. The color is amazing, matches your blog header.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE those!!!!

Melanie J Watts said...

Very nice Evelyn. I have that succulent but I've never seen it turn red!

Teresa said...

Wonderful, interesting photos. And love your illustrations!

Arti said...

Loved the blend of colors.. gives a magical feel almost!!
Have a great weekend!!

My Yatra Diary...

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

call it YU YERN, I saw some reddish succulents, took some photos, but my camera's lens was only half open. Thought that was the end of my camera. luckily, it fixed itself

Didn't download the photo. Don't now if they are any good..

Joanne Olivieri said...

Fantastic photos and I love red succulents.

Related Posts with Thumbnails