Monday, August 9, 2010

Fukuoka Daimaru Pot

Yucca © Evelyn Howard 2010

Happy Cactus Monday. Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Finally I have something to share for Cactus Monday. This lovely yucca was in front of Daimaru Department Store in Fukuoka, Japan.

I had loads of fun in Japan, and enjoyed their gardens a lot. They are so peaceful and beautiful. I am sneaking in a couple of garden photos here, taken in Kyoto:

Kyoto garden © Evelyn Howard 2010

Beautiful old bridge

 Kimono lady in garden © Evelyn Howard 2010 

A personal favourite – I am glad this elegant lady came into my picture. I love those little stone bridges.

Have a nice week.

Update: I am saddened by the news of fellow blogger, Judy Butler’s health. I wish her peace in her journey ahead.

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Evelyn, I'm also glad the elegant lady made it into your last photo. It's really a lovely scene.

soulbrush said...

that last one is ethereal. happy cactus monday fellow cactuteer.

expresser of colors said...

Happy Cactus Monday! I love your photos, especially the last one. Zen moment.

Teri C said...

Oh my goodness, you have captured such beauty here! The last one with the lady is totally awesome. Are you going to paint it?
Thank you for the note about Judy, I know she will appreciate it.

❤HCM❤

Tootsie said...

I loved the post about the japanese gardens and the way they are so precise...

Melanie said...

The gardens look so peaceful. I wonder how many gardeners they employ to keep them looking that way.

studio lolo said...

Lovely photographs. The one with the lady would make a wonderful painting!

Candy "Sweetstuff" said...

Hi Evelyn! Wow what beautiful pictures! Someday I would like to visit there also. HCM!

Margaret Ann said...

Ahhh...such absolutely magical beauty...Thanks for sharing these...:)

Julie said...

Japan is so amazingly beautiful...isn't it something to see how differently they can arrange the trees, bushes , etc. for an environment completely their own. WOW!!!!!!!!

yoon see said...

I do have the same said. The elegant lady uplifted and accentuate the beauty of your shot.

It's you that have positive thinking that allows great thing to happen. I am wondering whether you should write a travelouge.

Your words and pictures are all so inspiring, it leaves beautiful memory in my heart.

Thanks Evelyn.

So sorry to drop by late as I am now doing some research in order to do my illustrated project. I love to drop by when i am free, definitely!

Happy weekends:)
and bye!

Rosadimaggio63 said...

Hi Evy
molto belle le tue foto di fiori.
Questa mi piace molto.
Grazie della visita.
Buona giornata.

Related Posts with Thumbnails