Saturday, September 19, 2009

Small succulent flowers

Took a real close look at my succulents today and saw these rather small flowers, which can sometimes be overlooked especially when I have so few blooms…

Crassula dianne flower, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

Crassula dianne flower, © Evelyn Howard, 2009

My Crassula Dianne living next to a window in my studio gave me 2 little white flowers recently. I have a few of them around. Although they seem to be growing happily, spreading and expanding their territories, they have not flowered until now.

Echeveria flowers © Evelyn Howard 2009

Echeveria flowers © Evelyn Howard 2009

Lovely yellow blooms from my indoor Echeveria

Crassula anomala © Evelyn Howard 2009

Understated little white flowers of Crassula anomala – am hoping they will propagate quickly or I will have to buy more.

Kalanchoe pumila flowers © Evelyn Howard 2009

Kalanchoe pumila flowers © Evelyn Howard 2009

Small red flowers of Kalanchoe pumila (with Crassula coralita in the background) – I wish I have more of them so that the flowers stand out.

1 comment:

Urban Green said...

Great to find you, Evelyn. We have a lot in common. I draw in charcoal - self taught kinds.
You have a lovely blog, and a very nice collection of succulents. I absolutely adore succulents but been unlucky with them. We live in an apartment in Delhi with some space outside to have a few potted plants. Extreme weather conditions (34-115 is the range from winter to summer) plays a role too.
So, am going to ask you a lot of questions in terms of soil mix, watering, light requirement etc...looking forward to more exchanges... see you around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails